Senior Activity Centers
The Senior Activity Center Programs offer senior adults an opportunity to socialize with other seniors, health and wellness programs/facilities, educational and enrichment opportunities, nutritious noontime meals, and home delivered meals to homebound frail seniors. Transportation to and from the center as well as shopping, medical appointments and recreational trips are available.
Senior Centers are a great place for seniors to meet new friends, renew old acquaintances, have a hot nutritious lunch, or join in exercise, computer, and other classes. Enjoy dancing, pool, bingo, quilting, card games, or a quiet afternoon putting a puzzle together.
The centers also provide:
- Regularly scheduled transportation for
seniors who no longer drive
- Home-delivered meals for the frail elderly
The Area Agency on Aging of Northwest Arkansas contracts with other agencies to provide senior center services.
These partnering agencies include:
- Area Agency on Aging of Northwest Arkansas
Baxter, Boone, Marion, Newton, Searcy Counties, Washington County- Director of Senior Center Services, Angie Dunlap
1510 Rock Springs Road
PO Box 1795
Harrison, AR 72602
Fax: (870) 741-6214
- Our Health Communities, Inc.
Benton, Carroll and Madison Counties - Executive Director, Susan Moore
506 East Spruce
P.O. Box 778
Rogers, AR 72757-0778
Fax: (479) 636-7312
Senior Activity Centers listed by county:
- Baxter County
- Benton County
- Boone County
- Carroll County
- Madison County
- Marion County
- Newton County
- Searcy County
- Washington County
- Elkins Senior Activity and Wellness Center
- Farmington Senior Activity and Wellness Center
- Fayetteville Senior Activity and Wellness Center
- Greenland Volunteer Senior Activity Center
- Hillcrest Towers Volunteer Senior Activity Center
- Lincoln Senior Activity Center
- Prairie Grove Senior Activity and Wellness Center
- West Fork Volunteer Senior Activity Center
Aging Services Program (Elderly Nutrition):
Arkansas will receive additional funds through the federal stimulus package to administer a range of aging services programs including Congregate Nutrition Services and Home-Delivered Nutrition Services – Meals on Wheels Provider. The Department of Human Services Division of Aging and Adult Services will receive the recovery monies allocated to Arkansas to enhance these programs at the local level.